Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fresh Onion Turkey Breast - Crock Pot

My husband really enjoyed this. I found it fairly good. If you like onions and you like turkey, this may just hit the spot.

Lactose Intolerant: I'm not sure if the onion soup mix has lactose in it. Let me know if it does, and I'll take it off the list.

Fresh Onion Turkey Breast


3 to 4 pounds boneless turkey breast
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
½ medium onion, thinly sliced

Directions:

Place turkey inside greased 3.5 – 5 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle soup mix over turkey. Layer onion slices over top. Cover and cook on low heat 8 – 10 hours. Internal temperature will be 190 degrees when done. Makes 8 – 10 servings.

Serve with hot green beans and fresh spinach salad garnished with dried cranberries.

A turkey breast with bone can be used by increasing the cooking time to 10 – 12 hours on low heat. Check the internal temperature for done-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment