Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Infallible Rice

So a while back we had terrible stomach issues. I called my mother for suggestions on what we could eat that wouldn't make our innards feel like we'd swallowed nails. This was the rice she suggested and we love it! Very simple, very tasty. It's an excellent side whether your stomach is unhappy or not.

Infallible Rice


*I medium onion, minced
2 T butter
1 c long grain white rice, **uncooked
2 c chicken broth
Saute onion in butter. Combine with rice and hot broth. Bring to boil. Put in casserole dish, cover with foil, and bake at 325 for 20 minutes.

Variation: Add peas - as many as you'd like. We did about a cup.


*For IBS, you might want to use onion powder instead of the onions.
**We used left over rice and just warmed it up in the chicken broth - which I believe I reduced to about 1.75 or 1.5 cups of water with two bullion cubes. The rice became very soft and a little pasty, but it was still very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment