Friday, May 21, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu - Crock Pot

The amusing part of this meal is that I couldn't find my meat tenderizing, flattening, thingamajig. I swear I have one, but I have no idea where. So, I used a hammer. Hammers, in case you were wondering, are very effective at flattening muscle tissue. This was pretty good. Not the epitome of Chicken Cordon Bleu, but good nevertheless.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

4 to 6 slices ham (bologna thick or slightly thinner)
4 – 6 slices mozzarella cheese
4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened to ½ inch thickness
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
½ c. milk
½ c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs

Directions:

1. Grease your slow cooker.
2. Roll ham and cheese inside flattened chicken breast. Secure with a toothpick. Place chicken rolls in 2.5 – 3.5 quart slow cooker.
3. Mix soup with milk and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 8 hours. Makes 4 – 6 servings.

Suggestion: Serve with steamed vegetables and wild rice pilaf.

1 comment:

  1. If you try this again, try Swiss cheese instead of mozz. (Or mix it 50-50). While fresh swiss is a bit sharp, when it melts it gets a texture closer to mozzarella & more flavor (but not as sharp as when it's cold). I don't like fresh swiss, but, melted is good. :)

    ReplyDelete