Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatballs - Crock Pot

Okay, so this was hard for me to taste, but my spouse said it was great! This can also work as an appetizer. I will advise that you go for the lower end of cooking time. I like firmer meatballs and we went a little over time. Though still good, the meatballs were a little too soft. Also, when we made this, I halved it and did not have crushed pineapple, so I used slices and asked my spouse to cut them up into bits.


Sweet and Sour Meatballs

40 frozen meatballs
1 can (14oz) crushed pineapple, w/ juice
1 c. brown sugar
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp water

1. Place frozen meatballs in greased 3.5 - 4 quart slow cooker.

2. In a
saucepan, combine pineapple w/ juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.

3. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together, then add to simmer sauce to thicken.

4. Pour sauce over meatballs, cover and cook on low
heat 3 - 4 hours. Makes 10 - 15 servings

Meatballs can be served on a platter with toothpicks as appetizers or over hot cooked white rice garnished with chow mein noodles as a main dish.

1 comment: